Friends of the Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds
Public Charity, 501(c)(3)
The specific purpose of this corporation is to operate, raise funds and support the efforts of the Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds & Event Center, 4th District Agricultural Association, the annual festival located in Petaluma, California, and support community efforts to promote agriculture and provide education, recreation, entertainment, and support to the community.
Supporting the Fairgrounds
4th District Agricultural Association Board of Directors – Fairgrounds Daily Operations
Friends of the Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds – Fundraising & Advocacy
To raise funds, awareness and provide support to the 4th DAA, Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds in its mission to promote agriculture and celebrate the diverse talents, interests and accomplishments of the residents of Marin and Sonoma Counties while advocating for the preservation of this beloved community gathering place.
- Lease extension outreach and events
- Promote Ag Education
- Assist with fairgrounds capital improvements & repairs
- Strengthen the fairgrounds as a community resource
- Project Examples:
- Bolster emergency evacuation facilities and supplies
- Support animal evacuation center capabilities and supplies
- Improve event facilities
- Ag Demonstration Garden (feed, clothe, shelter)
- Barn & showring repairs/redesigns
- Regional Agricultural Gateway
- Youth Scholarships
- Tree plantings and landscaping upgrades
Open to the public.